4.02.2012

Multiple thoughts...

Rejoicing with others in their victories


14  Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16  Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but give yourself to humble tasks. Never be wise in your own sight. Romans 12:14-16


Have you ever found yourself stressing over the victory of another- be it your friend or enemy- as if their gain is your loss? In the world of social networking it is so easy to compare our lives against the posted accomplishments of our friends- relationship status, children, new jobs, body image... These are all things that are easily coveted. I'm so guilty of using social networks as a device to creep on people from high school or check out people I have just met to decide whether or not they're trustworthy and the majority of users do the same. That's so silly though. If I didn't care about these people in high school, what need do I have to know If they're getting a divorce or having a kid? Using facebook to qualify people as trustworthy or not is ridiculous also since users can create a facade of how they want to be portrayed. I need to change my mindset toward facebook/twitter so that I log on, not to stalk or covet the things in my friends lives, but to remain updated on their achievements and congratulate them. I want to rejoice in the accomplishments of my friends. This means I'm going to have to narrow down my "friends" list to people who I genuinely have an interest in maintaining relationships with. 


On another note...
Today in YAC Chad Johnson spoke on this verse from Colossians- 

"23 
 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
 24 knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.Colossians 3:23-24



Are you working hard or are you hardly working?


Everyday I find myself ticking down the hours/minutes until I can leave work. It is so easy to forget what a blessing it is to have a job at all much less one where I have the ability to share the love of Christ. As most of you know, I work at a frozen yogurt shop that specializes in using locally grown/produced toppings. To many this would seem menial but I have contact with hundreds of people a week and I have recently realized that the attitude I come to work with can effect everyone I come in contact with in a negative or positive way. So this week my goal is to do every task as if I am doing the task directly for God. I also will focus on keeping a positive attitude while in my work environment so that customers might see the difference in my life made through relationship with our all-loving God. 


I have a lot to share lately because of how much God is revealing to me (for which I am abundantly grateful!) but more will have to wait another day. Goodnight! -lucy

No comments:

Post a Comment